Welcome to my corner of the web!
I am a Principal Research Fellow in machine learning at University College London (Centre for Artificial Intelligence, Department of Computer Science) and a tenured research scientist at Inria (affiliated with the Modal research team from the Lille - Nord Europe research centre). I am also a Turing Fellow at The Alan Turing Institute.
I am a member of the ELLIS society (and more precisely of its UCL Unit) and a Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society (member of the Computational Statistics and Machine Learning section). I am a fellow of ICA4 (Intercontinental Academia on Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence).
I serve as the scientific director of The Inria London Programme, a joint structure to foster scientific collaboration between Inria and University College London as part of a strategic France-UK partnership. Some more details in this press news. This led to my being appointed a Young Leader of the Franco-British Council.
You might want to visit companion websites:
- my previous website (2016-2020, now deprecated)
- the website for the 6PAC joint research team I was a co-leader of
- the website for the ICML 2019 tutorial I gave
- the website for the NIPS 2017 workshop I co-organised
ContactUCL Centre for Artificial Intelligence
90 High Holborn
WC1V 6LJ London
In a nutshell
- 2021–present: Turing Fellow, The Alan Turing Institute, UK
- 2018–present: Principal Research Fellow, University College London, Department of Computer Science, UK
- 2014–present: tenured research scientist, Inria, France
- 2014: postdoctoral researcher, Sorbonne Université, France
- 2011–2013: PhD student in mathematical statistics, Sorbonne Université and Télécom Paris, France. Supervisors: Gérard Biau and Eric Moulines. Obtained with highest honors.
PhD thesis (pdf)
- 2010–2011: research assistant at DTU Compute, Denmark. Supervisor: Gilles Guillot
- 2009-2010: MSc student in pure and applied mathematics, Sorbonne Université, France