Welcome to my corner of the web!
I am a Principal Research Fellow in machine learning at University College London (Centre for Artificial Intelligence, Department of Computer Science) and a tenured research scientist at Inria (affiliated with the Modal research team from the Lille - Nord Europe research centre). I am also a visiting researcher at The Alan Turing Institute – from October 1, 2021, I will be a Turing Fellow.
I serve as the scientific director of The Inria London Programme, a joint structure to foster scientific collaboration between Inria and University College London as part of a strategic France-UK partnership.
This website is still under development. In the meantime, you might want to visit
- my previous website (2016-2020, now deprecated)
- the website for the 6PAC joint research team I am a co-leader of
- the website for the ICML 2019 tutorial I gave
- the website for the NIPS 2017 workshop I co-organised
ContactUCL Centre for Artificial Intelligence
90 High Holborn
WC1V 6LJ London
Full CV (soon available here)
Short biography here
In a nutshell
- 2018–present: Principal Research Fellow, University College London, Department of Computer Science, UK
- 2014–present: tenured research scientist, Inria, France
- 2014: postdoctoral researcher, Sorbonne Université, France
- 2011–2013: PhD student in mathematical statistics, Sorbonne Université and Télécom Paris, France. Supervisors: Gérard Biau and Eric Moulines. Obtained with highest honors.
PhD thesis (pdf)
- 2010–2011: research assistant at DTU Compute, Denmark. Supervisor: Gilles Guillot
- 2009-2010: MSc student in pure and applied mathematics, Sorbonne Université, France